Are you wanting to treat your teacher or any teacher at WCS to a special treat? Here’s an opportunity to give them a priceless gift by covering their lunch duty and giving them a break. The 30 minutes of time you give to the teacher will be greatly appreciated. It’s a great way to say thanks for all they do. If you would like to sign up, please click on the link to be redirected to a sign up page.
Click here to volunteer to cover a lunch duty.
Our first graders have spent the last two weeks learning about the human body. The first day they traced their own bodies, cut them out and hung them on the wall. Then, every day they learned about different parts of the bodies God made us and would add that body part to their outlines. Class time was spent studying and writing about the brain, heart, kidneys, bones, muscles and more! By the end, they had a great idea of how our body works and could visualize what was happening in their own bodies. It is so fun to see them realize how special God made them from the inside out!
“For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” Psalm 139: 13-14
Our preschool students in our 4 year old program had a GREAT day learning about Dr. Seuss! They had 2 teachers act out “Green Eggs and Ham”, then the Cat in the Hat came and read them a story and finally, they had a special treat of… you guessed it! Green Eggs and Ham!! It was a wonderful experience and we love coming together as a preschool. Way to go Pre-k 4!!
“If you never did you should. These things are fun, and fun is good.” ~ Dr. Seuss
Thank you WCS family and friends for helping us lend a hand in “cleaning up” after Hurricane Harvey! Our “littles” in Preschool headed up these donations and wow did they do a great job. We love seeing how all our wildcats are getting involved to “Do Something” and be the hands and feet of Jesus this year! These cleaning supplies are on their way down to Dickinson, Texas!
WCS Family and Friends
Since our “bigs” in middle school put our theme into action last week, our “littles” in our preschool would like to do the same! Our preschoolers are going to DO SOMETHING to continue to help the Houston area as they begin to recover from Hurricane Harvey. Cleaning supplies are one of the greatest needs right now so we are asking for donations to be delivered to school by Friday, September 8th.
The preschool classes are asking everyone to send in any of the following cleaning supplies by Friday, September 8th.
mops, brooms, large trash bags, comet or ajax, Clorox wipes, bleach, laundry detergent, Windex, paper towels, 409, Pine sol or Fabuloso, or cleaning gloves
These supplies will be taken to Dickinson, Tx on Saturday, September 9th, by a staff family member to help with the clean up effort there! Thank you!! Let’s help “clean up” after Harvey!
WCS has taken their theme, “Do Something”, seriously this week! The devastation in the Houston area after Hurricane Harvey prompted our students to ask, “What can we do to be Jesus’ hands and feet?”. We found that many places were taking donations for diapers and wipes so we put the call out to our students and families. Wow! Did they come through! We collected 239 packages of wipes and 88 boxes of diapers (for a total of 7,603 diapers!!!). Simply Delicious Bakery will be taking them down to Houston and Rockport and making sure they give some relief to the families there. Way to go WCS! Please continue to pray for the people in the greater Houston area as they rebuild after the Hurricane.
We have some exciting news! You will have the opportunity to order WCS wooden yard signs, door hangers, t-shirts and metal lawn signs at our parent orientation nights, Monday the 14th and Tuesday the 15th. One of our PAWS officers makes these products! She will have a few samples for your to look at and give you the option of personalizing an item for your student. She will be donating all of the profits to PAWS. We are so grateful for her and for this fundraiser. See you all at orientation!
Hello WCS Families!
Orientations are next week! Here are a few things to keep in mind as you get ready to come meet the teachers and hear about our year.
- We will be selling yard signs for $3/each. This is a great way to support our school in the community.
- Be ready to join PAWS (Parent And Wildcat Supporters)! It is our parent organization at WCS and we LOVE them! It is $20 per family to join (and you get a free car decal!). You will be hearing more about this at orientation.
We are so excited to see all of you! Please let us know if you have any questions.
Greetings Woodway Christian School Family!!
We hope you have had a wonderful summer! We are excited to get back to school and see all our Wildcats. Here are a few things to get on your calendar and some reminders as the year gets kicked off:
- Monday, August 14th- Kindergarten- 8th grade Parent Orientation – 6:00pm. This is going to be a fun night for students and parents to hear about our new theme, meet teachers, sign up for clubs and buy yard signs.
- Tuesday, August 15th- Preschool Orientation – 6:00pm. Our Preschool families will get to hear about the theme, meet teachers and see classrooms and buy yard signs.
- Thursday, August 17th- FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL! Welcome back Wildcats! Preschool classes that do not meet on Thursdays will begin on Friday, August 18.
- Monday, August 21st- WCS Family Dinner. Our first family dinner fundraiser of the year! This month we will be eating at Freddy’s on Hewitt Drive. They will give us a percentage of the profits they make that night when you go and eat dinner (from 5-8). What better way to celebrate the first Monday of the year than meeting up with other Wildcats and their families for a burger and ice cream
- Monday August 21st- Friday, September 1st- A+ card fundraiser
Wow! August is turning out to be a great month as we get back to school. We have prayed about this school year and believe God has big things for us at Woodway Christian School. Please pray with us for our students as they get back into routine and our amazing teachers as they start a new year. Thanks!